Friday, January 29, 2010

What annoys me most

1#
.
I'm at this point in my life where what annoys me THE MOST is people telling me to go back to work. Seriously, why don't you learn to handle your own life and leave mine the hell alone!
.
I'm sorry if I sound angry here but I am seriously annoyed.
.
After all, this is MY life we're talking about.
And if my husband is not even making a fuss about it, then who are you to tell me otherwise, huh?
It's not like as if I'm depending on you for food or clothes or a roof over my head.
But if you want to provide me with these financial aids, then by all means, go ahead, and you can have ALL the say you want about me going back to work.
.
Perhaps you meant it as a joke.
Perhaps you did not.
But I'm sorry to say that you got me at the wrong time.
.
You do not know the first thing about what I plan to do with my life and how I want to live it. You don't even bother to ask.
So do me a favour and just butt out.
Perhaps YOU should get YOUR life straightened out first because as far as I can see, it's much more screwed up than mine will ever be!
.
So take that!
.
2#
.
So what if I have a maid?!
.
You know, people seem to think that my life is all easy peasy just because I now have a maid to help me out. Well, think again!
.
Because UNLIKE most people who get their maids to do everything in the house, I don't. I'm still in charge of my house, of the people in my house, and how I like things to run in my house.
.
It's absolutely annoying when I get comments like, "Wah, nowadays you very free la, no need to do anything, maid do everything for you".
.
Correction.
I may have a maid, and she helps me clean the house, but other than that, I do everything else myself.
.
First and foremost, I look after Renee MYSELF!
I feed her, bathe her, change her diapers, entertain her and play with her, teach her, read to her, take her for her evening walks, cut her nails, watch over her. In short, Renee is still MY responsibility and I still do my motherly duties as I should.
.
So, NO, I'm NOT VERY FREE.
.
Please ar, I'm not the type of mothers that leave the maid to do everything, including look after their children ok. In fact, the last person I trust to handle Renee is my maid....or anyone else for that matter, except my hubby.
.
The most I'd do, is to ask the maid to watch over Renee while I need to go online, and even then, I make sure they are within my eye sight and hearing distance.
.
And I cook the meals in the house.
Yes, my maid helps me prepare the ingredients, dice the garlic, onions, what not, and sometimes, I ask her to cook the simple dishes, like fried eggs, or stir-fry vegetables, but that is ONLY if I'm busy with Renee or when I have to put Renee down for her nap.
.
Other than that, I do all the cooking myself.
.
So, please, think again before you come tell me that I'm very free because I have a maid.
.
A maid is a maid.
Not a chef.
Not a babysitter.
She just helps me keep the house clean.
That's all.
.
So, take that!

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*

    A lot of people don't understand that having a maid means you need to supervise your maid and keep an eye on her. That's not easy on top of having a toddler!

    On the whole being a SAHM, people here just aren't very supportive of SAHMs. To them, a woman is nothing if she doesn't have a family AND a career. But they forget that making a family and keeping it is a career, if not a lifelong job as well.

    ReplyDelete