Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Still a student

Over the weekend, hubby dropped me off at One Utama so that I could have a little bit of 'me' time, while he brought Renee back to see his parents who lived just around the corner.
.
I was ecstatic!
It's been too damn long since I last walked into a shopping complex without my entourage and I just felt so absolutely free! No Renee for me to worry over, or watch over, or ran after, or scream at. No maid to stress me up, to give me a headache, or give me cause to fear she might take the opportunity to run away.
.
And so, I happily spent the next 2 hours window shopping (no money) and oogling at things that i really liked but cannot buy.
.
Of course it wasn't that bad la.
I did buy myself a nice dress for CNY, and some casual tops to wear with either leggings or shorts.
I bought batteries for Renee's new dressing table which can 'sing' and light-up.
And I bought some recipe books for toddlers, to help give me more ideas on what to cook for Renee. I think she's bored with eating the same old thing over and over again. And I don't blame her.
.
While paying for the books at the counter....
.
Cashier: Do you have a student card?
Me: *speechless*flattered*shocked*spluttered* Excuse me?
Cashier: Student card?
Me: I'm not a student
Cashier: *shocked* You're not? You look so young!
Me: *laughs* Thanks...but these books are actually for my daughter
Cashier: You're a mother??? But you must be at most 25?
.
Choir of angels singing!
Me? 25?
Sheer happiness!
And it took me a hard time convincing her that I was turning 30 this year.
.
I should go out more often without Renee.
It really helps boost up my self-esteem.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those reactions/expression/startled look/amazement upon learning ur age when u look much younger are just priceless, arent they???
    esp when u mention tht u r a mother!!! dropped jaws r just fun to look at! haha

    ReplyDelete