Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mini pork burgers in plum sauce

I miss my oven!

But because we're staying in a small service apartment here in Bangkok, we don't have the luxury of having a big kitchen, therefore no space for an oven.

So. Hubby got me the next best thing! The Happy Call Pan!

I LOVE IT.

I use it to bake, grill, steam, fry, stir-fry, deep-fry AND I even use it to bake cupcakes, cakes and cookies! It's as good as one can get by without an oven.

Since we got it, I've been experimenting with different types of cooking, turning my little family into Guinea pigs haha!

Last night, I made mini pork burgers in plum sauce. It was a hit!

Ingredients:
- 250g minced pork
- 1 cucumber (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 tspn diced garlic
- 1 tspn Tsiao Hsing wine

Sauce (mix together in a small bowl):
- 3 tbsp sour plum sauce/paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp water

Marinade:
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt & pepper

Method:

1. Marinade the pork and leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes.

2. Using a teaspoon, scoop the pork onto palms and roll it into a ball before gently flattening it into a mini burger shape. Then place it on the pan (do not need to heat up pan). Repeat this with rest of the pork until pan is filled with the mini burgers.




3. Turn the pan to medium heat. Flip the burgers over when one side is done to cook the other side.




4. Once cooked, set aside.

5. Using the same pan, add in the diced garlic and stir-fry until slightly browned. No need to add oil as there will be natural oil from the pork.

6. Add in the cucumbers and carrots, stir-fry for a few minutes and then add in the pork burgers. Stir fry for another minute or so.

7. Add in the sauce mixture, add in the Tsiao Hsing wine, and give it a quick stir and turn off the heat.




8. Serve with warm white rice (my hubby had it with bread too).

No comments:

Post a Comment