I asked him what he wanted me to do with it. He said "Just cook only la".
So here's my version of the "Just cook only la" ikan kembong.
- ikan kembong (I only had 2pcs but u can add more if u want)
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 5-6 slices of ginger
- 20-30 petai (or more if u prefer) (halved)
- chili padi (sliced)
- wash and clean the fish. Pat dry with paper towel. Marinate with turmeric powder and a dash of salt.
- heat up oil in the pan and fry the fish until both sides are crispy. Remove and set aside.
- using the same pan, throw in the ginger, garlic, petai and chili padi and stir-fry until fragrant and petai is cooked thoroughly.
- pour it on top of the fish, squeeze the lime over it and serve hot.
Super easy, and super yummy.