Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happy Breastfeeding Week!





(breastfeeding Dylan in the picture above. Ya. He's under the poncho. Was only 1 month plus then).

This is my story on my breastfeeding journey.

I breastfed Renee for 2.5 years, until I got pregnant with Dylan and was advised to stop because it wasn't safe for the fetus. She's turning 5 yrs soon.

Dylan will be turning 2 this Nov and he's still on breastmilk. I plan to go on for as long as I can, or until I get pregnant again haha.

Both my bf-ing experiences are very different. With Renee, it was smooth all the way and the only hiccup was when I had a very serious case of blocked duct in my left boob which resulted in the doctor having to pierce a needle through my nipple to clear the blocked duct.

In short, there was a lot of blood, a WHOLE lot of pain, a lot of tears and a whole lot of "I'm sorry"'s from the doctor. Not something I would wish to go through again.

This time with Dylan however, my problem is a little different. There's no pain. No blocked duct. But there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in my boob size!

And by that, I mean my left boob is A cup and my right is a C cup. Yes. Kill me please.

Dylan seems to have a preference for my right boob so I tend to feed him more from there. Which resulted in my right boob producing more milk and my left one deflated like shit.

Sigh. Not something anyone would like to have. Been googling and doing a lot of researches on how to "even them out". I would have to suffer engorgement from the right boob and try my best not to feed him as often from that side and I'll have to feed him from my smaller boob twice as often compared to before. I've been doing that the past 2 days, and will keep on doing it until, well, things are leveled up.

Breastfeeding is NOT easy.

But it's the best thing a mummy can provide for her baby.

If I were given a chance to do it all over again, I would. Without a doubt.

Happy Breastfeeding Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment