Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cheesecake-in-a-Cup

On Monday, I invited my family over for dinner.
I made a feast of steamed ginger chicken, baked dori in butter and lemon sauce, sambal tumis sotong, vegetables and lotus roots soup.
On top of that, I attempted at making dessert.
Cheesecake-in-a-Cup.
.
Sounded easy enough.
And it surely wouldn't be much of a mess.
Or so I thought.
Because 5 minutes into making it, THIS happened :
.
.
And this is just 30% of the whole mess.
For me to be able to take a picture of the WHOLE mess, I needed a wide-angle lens, and I didn't have one.
.
My whole kitchen was covered in cream cheese and yes, literally my WHOLE kitchen.
The walls.
The ceiling.
The floor.
The window grills.
The back door.
The appliances (as you can see from the picture above).
The stove.
And.
All.
Over.
My.
Maid!
.
Me?
Hah!
I had an apron on.
.
But the mess was not in vain.
Whatever that was left in my mixing bowl was still enough.
And I'm proud to say that my attempt at making dessert was not only successful but it was DELICIOUS as well!
.
So here's my recipe (just try not to make a mess like I did ESPECIALLY if you don't have a house-help to help clean it up).
.
CHEESECAKE-IN-A-CUP
(recipe serves 4 - 6 pax)
.
.
Ingredients
250g cream cheese
250ml plain natural yogurt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
.
Fruit Layer
1 cup finely diced fruits (you can use strawberries/kiwi/bananas/grapes)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
.
6 - 8 pcs digestive biscuits (broken into small pieces)
.
.
Method
1. Place cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and grated lemon rind in a mixing bowl and using a balloon whisk, beat until smooth.
.
2. Chill for 10 minutes while you prepare the fruit layer.
.
3. Combine diced fruits (please stick to one type of fruit), sugar and lemon juice. Mix it up then set aside for 5 minutes to let fruit soften slightly and exude its juice.
.
4. Divide broken digestive biscuits into 6 small glasses. Spoon a layer of cream cheese mixture over the biscuit, followed by a layer of fruits mixture. Top with another layer of cream cheese mixture. Then garnish with a slice of fresh fruit.
.
5. Serve immediately or cling-wrap and chill until ready to serve.
.
.
I hope you have as much fun making this as I did!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy hur???

    Wondering when will be my turn to try that? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. EH! How come that day mine didn't look as nice as the one in the picture?????????

    ReplyDelete