Thursday, October 22, 2009

My little fussy eater

Renee's been acting really weird the pass few days. She's not eating as much as she used to. In fact, she's hardly eating at all.
.
Usually, she finishes a whole bowl of porridge/rice and has second helpings even. The pass few days though, she's been taking in only like 3 - 4 spoonfulls of whatever it is I'm feeding her, and then she starts screaming, or pushing the spoon away, or fidgeting in her chair. She just refuses to eat.
.
So, at first, I thought maybe she isn't hungry.
But the minute I take the bowl away, she demands for biscuits.
And she can eat up to 10 pieces of biscuits in a go. Just like that.
So how could that mean that she isn't hungry, right?
.
And this went on for 2 days and so I decided enough is enough.
Afterall, she cannot be just eating biscuits and nothing else.
And what kind of mummy would I be if I allowed this to continue?
.
So today, when she started her nonsense again, I refused to give in to her and I forced the food down her throat. She started screaming and crying but I held down both her arms with one hand, and forced her mouth open with the spoonful of whatever I was feeding her with with the other.
.
Her tears and mucus and whateverelse body fluids that could come out of her came out and spilt into her bowl but I still continued scooping and feeding, scooping and feeding, scooping and feeding. In the end, she finished the entire bowl and that was when I released her arms and took her off her high-chair.
.
And I had to do this like at both lunch and dinner time.
.
I felt so bad, seeing her crying and screaming but I just had to make her finish her food instead of just getting full on biscuits.
.
Is this considered child abuse?
Sigh....
I'm trying to be the best mummy I can be but sometimes, she makes it so hard for me.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I do recall us being put through similar situations when we were younger...remember? Nestum? Oats? But look at us now, we eat practically everything. I guess you just have to get her used to the fact that she MUST eat whatever that is given to her (by her mother) so that she won't be picky later on in life lor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is trying to say... she wants something different to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog randomly and this caught my attention. I have the exact same problem as you! My lil girl is super fussy and living with my ILs while trying to feed her during her terrible two phase just make it even worse! I scold her, i spank her, i beg her, i plead her, i even threatened but no avail!

    And from reading from different articles, I concluded it's just a phase and if she takes a few spoonsful it's good enough. And what I learned is to never force them else they would be scared of eating.

    Here's a very good site in coping with picky eaters.. btw don't stress out they pick up these negative vibes

    www.toddlerdish.com

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete