Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Day out

So, there was this one day when hubby and I decided to bring Renee to the zoo. Yah, I know right. Like the zoo? But anyways, we went, thinking that maybe it was a public holiday and it was Raya, that everyone would be out of town, like back in their own hometown, you know.
.
I should have known better.
In fact, I should have read all the signs that pointed to impending doom the minute we started our journey.
.
The first sign. The Fillet-O-Fish we bought from the McD's drive-through on PLUS highway. I opened the box, looking forward to sinking my teeth down into the yummy warm burger, feeling the melted cheese wrap itself onto my upper jaw, but this was what I got.

.

.
HALF of my 'warm, melted cheese' was STUCK onto the damn box.
Like HALF!!!
And tried as I could to dig it up, it just wouldn't.
So stupid.
I cannot believe that idiot McD workers don't even know how to slap a cheese on a bun properly. It doesn't take a genius to do it.
Even a cock-eyed person can do it.
I don't even know what kind of people McD's have working for them.
.
Sheesh!
So THAT itself spoilt the start of my day.
And the burger wasn't even delicious.
.
The second sign was the wrong turn hubby took and we had to make a HUGE-ASS circle around the whole of KL before getting back onto the right track. I should have asked him to just go straight home.
.
The third sign.
The THRONG of people crowded at the entrance to the zoo.
The THRONG of cars crowded at the entrance of the entrance to the zoo.
.
Sigh...
.
Stupid stupid stupid.
Should have just gone home.
Save the RM45 entrance tickets for something better.
But nooooo, I was adamant on showing Renee the giraffes.

.

.
...and the camels...
.
.
...and the bears, and orangutans and what not.
In the end, she saw the giraffes. And the elephants. And the bears, orangutans, camels, flamingos, deers, kangaroos, lions, tigers....
.
She fell asleep the minute we got to the monkey cages. Which was only a QUARTER of the zoo, by the way.
And missed out on the sea-lions performance. And the reptiles section. And the aquarium section. She didn't even get to see her favourite horses.
.
So much for bringing her to the zoo and paying RM45 for entrance tickets.
Even my maid wasn't impressed with the way our 'national' zoo looked.
The animals all looked half-starved and depressed.
The were huge signs telling people NOT TO FEED the animals but you could still see everyone throwing popcorn and bread at the animals.
It's just so sad that Malaysians are so stupid. They don't know how to read. Or maybe, they're just blind.
But ALL of them? Blind?
I'm so thankful my parents brought me up well and taught me how to read.
Because I think my family was the MOST CIVILIZED and intelligent people at the zoo.
1# We didn't push and shove
2# We didn't feed the animals
3# We aren't blind
.
But seriously, everyone at the zoo were pretty much uneducated.
Feeding pop-corn to bears for heaven's sake!
How much more stupid can one get?!
.
At the lions' and tigers' enclosement, there was a wide stretch of river to seperate the animals from the railings where people stand to stare. Hubby asked me if the water was deep enough to keep the animals at a safe distance from the people.
.
I stared at him and said, "Looking at the way people here are behaving, I think the reason for the water is not to keep the animals away from the people, but more for PROTECTING the animals from the people".
.
After all, which idiot would jump in and swim across to take a closer look?
.
.
In the end, we spent only about an hour - an hour and a half (at the most) at the zoo.
We ain't going back.

2 comments:

  1. Come to Singapore....we can all take her to the Spore Zoo!! Trust me even I enjoyed it!! I soooo miss you girls!! Give Renee a kiss for me please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U didnt tell me about your 'interesting' zoo adventure! Guess it must be really depressing and uneventful that you totally forgot to bitch to me about it :)

    ReplyDelete