Saturday, August 29, 2009

Simply Me

I guess I'm kindda like having my own little 'Merdeka' celebration. You know, a new blog. New layout. New me.
.
I've never really admitted to it but I've been in self-denial eversince I got pregnant with Renee. I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I was no longer who I used to be and the fact that I got upset whenever someone told me that 'I looked like a mother', that says it all. The fact was, and still is, is that I AM a mother.
.
But today, I'm shouting it out loud that I AM a mother and I AM proud of it.
.
Yes, I do miss my partying days where I could be out all night drinking myself senseless.
I miss the times when I could just dash out of the house for a quick shopping spree without worrying about anything or anyone else.
I miss the hours and hours I used to spend by the beach, soaking up the sand, with nothing else in mind.
I miss my freedom.
.
But then, I found a new kind of freedom.
The freedom of being a mother.
And this is who I am now.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy, nice blog!

    hope all is well with u & Renee :)

    btw, SAHMs rock!!!! :)

    u are doing great kristy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehhh why u never link my blogggggggg heehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because this is the ONE and ONLY blog posting you will see the next century.

    ReplyDelete